Beginners Pilates courses are designed for individuals who have never previously attended Pilates classes or who have had a significant break from Pilates.
Everyone should attend a Beginner’s Course initially.
Here you will :
- Learn the 5 key elements of Pilates and how to incorporate these not only into all the different exercises positions in class but also into your everyday activities.
- Be taught the basic Pilates moves and exercises.
- Understand how to use your deep abdominal, back and pelvic floor muscles and to activate them to help stabilise your spine.
- Enhance your mobility and flexibility.
- Improve your body alignment and posture.
- Heighten your body awareness.
- Improve your core strength and stability.
- Learn how you can help to relieve back ache, shoulder and neck pain.
- Improve your balance & co-ordination
An initial 1-1 session explaining & practising the Pilates 5 Key Elements as well as several basic Modified Pilates exercises, is a pre-requisite for any individual wishing to commit a block of sessions who is completely new to Pilates or who has not practiced Pilates for a long time.. This individual session will also give opportunity to discuss anything highlighted in your Health Questionnaire as well as any questions you might have.
Attending a block of classes having had an intial 1:1 session also facilitates the progression of current class participants.
Please see “1:1s” for costs of 1:1 sessions.
If there are sufficient new participants seeking to enrol on a class block then it may be possible to run a small Introductory session as a “mini class”. A minimum of 2 new participants will be needed for this. The cost per person for attending an introductory small group session will be £20 for 2-3 participants and £10 for 4 or more newcomers.
** I AM CURRENTLY NOT RUNNING CLASSES OR 1:1S DUE TO MY FULL TIME NHS COMMITMENTS**
Limited places available and blocks must be booked in advance to secure places
Classes run in 8- week blocks. Payment for each block is necessary at the start to secure your place.
Classes are small with a maximum of 12 participants
You are not required to bring any equipment unless you would prefer to bring your own mat, and a small towel to cover the head cushion.
Wear comfortable clothing which does not restrict movement, including socks. You may find a long sleeved top more comfortable for autumn/winter classes
Class Blocks must be booked in advance with the instructor
and a Health Questionnaire completed
Cost – £56 per block of 8 classes
Unfortunately missed classes cannot not be refunded but it may be possible to arrange catch up sessions at another time
Payment for Pilates sessions – classes or 1:1s – can be made by cheque or online via Paypal – further details will be given by your Instructor.